Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Things you might not know...

So I was thinking about what really defines me as, well, me. I came up with a list of things that I find essential to understanding who I truly am, and I found that most of them are the little things that you might not know about me. Here they are in no particular order:

1. I love peace - not in the world peace kind of way (though that would be great), but in the way that I want every thing around me to be easy going.
2. I'm OCD when it comes to textures - I compulsively touch things when I walk through stores. I can't help myself! If something doesn't feel nice, I don't buy it. 
3. I think Giraffes are CUTE! I even have socks to prove it. :)

4. I'd rather scrub a toilet than do dishes. There, I said it. I hate doing dishes, so that job usually falls to Cody. I know, poor Cody. (And you'll never find a nasty toilet in my house.)

5. I am loyal to my family, almost to a fault. I'm the only one who gets to talk bad about them. They are mine! I'll defend them even if you are right. 
6. I have several best friends. I can't say that one is any more "best" than the others. They have entered my life when I needed them the most, and I will forever be grateful to each of them. 
7. I am madly in love with my husband. Probably not a surprise, but a lot of my actions can be traced back to something that involves Cody. But hey, that's how it's supposed to be, right? :)
8. I have a terrible memory - don't blame me, my mom says it's genetic. Honestly, I've forgotten to pick her up not once, but twice. Now, if something is extra important, it gets a sticky note. And if I tell you I've forgot something, I'm not lying, it happens a lot.

9. I know God loves me. There is no other explanation for all the wonderful things  in my life.
10. I think there is something sacred about good books. You won't find me "dog-earing" my pages or folding the cover back. Guess you understand why I'm getting my master's degree in library science. (And why I was an English major in undergrad.)
11. I believe in multiple intelligences (the concept of being smart in different areas like reading, logic, technology, street smarts, and so on). I also know where I'm smart and where I'm, uh, lacking.
12. I hate being cold. Part of me wants Cody to do his clinicals in Michigan, but then the high temperature for today was 3, so maybe not so much. 


Okay, that's the list so far! That's who I am. Interesting, huh?

2 comments:

The Conway's said...

I'm so glad that you did this...I know feel like I know you a little better!

Lacey and Kevin - Island Life on St. Maarten said...

cute post, learned alot about you. congrats on being 5th semesters. wish we were able to hang out more.